What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file stored by the web server in the browser of your computer or the mobile device you use when visiting a website. A cookie contains a unique code that makes it possible to recognise your browser. Both the web server of the website and the partners with whom a website works are authorised to place cookies. The server of a website can only read the cookies it has placed itself; it has no access to any other information on your computer. The purpose of cookies is to facilitate and speed up the interaction between the visitor and the website. In addition, they help the visitor to navigate between the different parts of a website.
A list of the cookies used on this website is shown below.
- Direct cookies: are created or sent by this website during your visit.
- Functional cookies: ensure that the website functions correctly (e.g. cookies for login or registration, language preferences). Functional cookies are also part of the direct cookies.
- Comfort cookies: are placed on the website for statistical, social and commercial purposes or to create general usage profiles. Comfort cookies contribute to making browsing more comfortable, simple and user-friendly. These types of cookies can be both direct and indirect cookies.
- Cookies for statistical purposes: register the pages consulted on the website (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Permanent cookies: remain on your hard drive for a long, predefined period or until you delete them. They are activated each time you visit the website that provided you with the cookie. This is especially true for cookies originating from social media. Permanent cookies are usually comfort cookies.
- Session cookies or temporary cookies: make the browsing experience easier. They start when you open the browser and end when you close it again. All session cookies disappear as soon as you close the browser. Session cookies are generally functional.
Further information on cookies
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can also remove already installed cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time. You can find more information about this via the 'Help' function of your browser.